There has never been a better time to explore Costa Rica! With great prices, no crowds or lines, animals coming out of the woodwork, and deserted beaches, Costa Rica offers the perfect escape to relax and unwind!
Looking for an Amazing All-inclusive Christmas Vacation Deal?
SAVE UP TO $2,850!!!
Look no further! We have an incredible deal for your Christmas vacation! Our All-Inclusive Fun in the Sun package includes a beachfront stay at a luxurious all-inclusive resort, snorkeling, ziplining, transportation, and more! Read more!
All-Inclusive Fun in the Sun
SAVE UP TO $2,850 UNTIL OCTOBER 31, 2020
- 6 Nights at the beachfront Westin Playa Conchal Resort - Deluxe Junior Suite
- All-Inclusive Plan, which includes three meals daily and select alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Catamaran and Snorkeling Tour
- Canopy Zipline Tour
- Select non-motorized water sports at the resort
- Private roundtrip transportation from LIR Airport
- 24/7 Travel assistance in Costa Rica
How About Simply a Great Vacation Deal Anytime of the Year?
PRICES TOO LOW TO PUBLISH! Inquire for your travel dates
Our Pure Life Adventure is not only incredibly affordable and at it's best prices ever, but also one of our most popular itineraries. This incredible adventure will take you to two of Costa Rica's top destinations, Arenal Volcano and Manuel Antonio Beach. It includes fantastic activities, hot springs, and more! Read more!
Pure Life Adventure
Inquire About the Lowest Prices Ever!
- 3 nights at a hot springs resort with volcano views
- 3 nights at a boutique hotel that is within a short walk to the beach or Manuel Antonio National Park
- Choice of a canopy zipline or hanging bridges tour
- Choice of a whitewater rafting or riverboat safari tour
- Beach time at one of the prettiest beaches in Costa Rica
- Transportation between airports and hotels
- Breakfast daily
Commercial Airlines with Flights from the United States to Costa Rica
While we do not book international flights, we are happy to help you find the best and lowest fares to match your Costa Rica itinerary. Ask your travel expert for details today.
Several United States commercial airlines, including American, United, Delta, Spirit, and Alaska Airlines, are either already offering flights to Costa Rica or plan to reopen by November 2020.
*American is now offering a Preflight COVID-19 Testing Program for flights through MIA and DFW that meets Costa Rica entry requirements. Click here for more details on how to arrange this service.
Other Flights to Costa Rica
Air Canada plans to reopen flights to Costa Rica in November.
*Air Canada offers an excellent option for Canadians with NEW flight bookings originating out of Canada booked after September 17, 2020, and for flights up until April 12, 2021. These select flights include COVID-19 insurance, underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (“Manulife”). This insurance covers eligible Canadian residents when traveling internationally on a booking made through Air Canada. The Manulife insurance will be automatically included for eligible purchasers at the time of booking. Additional details and eligibility requirements can be found here.
Aero Mexico will begin reopening flights on October 17, 2020.
British Airways will reopen flights from London, starting on October 27, 2020.
Lufthansa has reopened select flights from Frankfurt to SJO.
Iberia has reopened select flights from Madrid.
Who Can Visit Costa Rica and Official Requirements
Residents of the United States, including who can enter now and those that have to wait until November
What other countries can visit Costa Rica?
Official entry requirements, including links to insurance
How to get a COVID-19 test within the 72-hour timeframe
Residents of the United States
Residents of the following states can visit Costa Rica immediately:Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Arizona, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wyoming California, and Ohio.
Residents of the following states can visit as of October 15, 2020: Georgia, Florida, and Texas.
Residents of all other US states may visit as of November 1, 2020.
What Other Countries Can Visit Costa Rica?
As of November 1, 2020, all countries will be permitted to enter Costa Rica!
Requirements to Enter Costa Rica
- Complete the electronic epidemiological Health Pass form, within 48 hours of arrival. You may select English or Spanish from the drop-down menu in the upper left. WE RECOMMEND COMPLETING THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITHIN THE 48-HOUR WINDOW IN CASE OF ANY PROBLEMS OR DELAYS.
- Travelers from the United States must show through their driver's license or state identification (State ID) to demonstrate that they live in one of the authorized states. This requirement excludes children traveling with their families. This requirement will be necessary until November 1, when all US residents and citizens will be able to visit Costa Rica.
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance is required - international or purchased in Costa Rica through the National Insurance Institute (INS - Instituto Nacional de Seguros), or Sagicor Insurance. We have found the Sagicor insurance website to be affordable and the easiest to use.
For *international* insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the entire visit to Costa Rica
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars)
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic
*All requirements are mandatory for each traveler in your party. In the case of insurance, each individual's name must be included in the policy and certification.
**Air Canada offers an excellent option for Canadians with NEW flight bookings originating out of Canada booked after September 17, 2020, and for flights up until April 12, 2021. These select flights include COVID-19 insurance, underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (“Manulife”). This insurance covers eligible Canadian residents when traveling internationally on a booking made through Air Canada. The Manulife insurance will be automatically included for eligible purchasers at the time of booking. Additional details and eligibility requirements can be found here.
***Additional entry requirement details can be found on the official ICT (Costa Rica Tourism Board) website.
****Before you leave your country of origin, you should complete and upload all required documentation to the Health Pass site and have your QR code ready for Costa Rica immigration officers when you land.
*****If arriving by private yacht, sailboat, or private flights from anywhere, follow this link for alternative requirements.
How to Get a COVID-19 Test Within the 72-Hour Timeframe
Most major US labs offer RT-PCR COVID-19 diagnostic testing. Here are a few options:
AnyLabTestNow also offers options.
What is Open in Costa Rica?
Lodging and accommodations are open at 100% capacity but with COVID-19 safety protocols.
Most outdoor activities, tourist attractions, and national parks are operating but with COVID-19 safety protocols in place. Our travel advisors can help you decide which activities are appropriate.
Beaches are open from 5 am - 10 pm on weekdays and 5 am - 8 pm on weekends.
Restaurants are open at 50% capacity. Some bars that meet criteria will be permitted to begin reopening at limited capacity and within certain restrictions such as no dancing and controlled volume of music, beginning on October 8, 2020.
Supermarkets, health clinics, pharmacies, and other essential services operate at full capacity but with safety protocols in place.
Questions About Costa Rica?
We are here for you and happy to help!
Trip planning form
Or call toll-free 1-866-853-9426 ext.1.